For many people, physical therapy is still a mysterious term and profession. Renew Physical Therapy, located in Southeast Portland, specifically focuses on treatments that are one-on-one, hands-on, pain-free, and focuses on the root cause of each patient’s symptoms. Below are 3 facts and 7 benefits to physical therapy from our two most popular posts from last year.
3 FACTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Physical Therapists have doctorate degrees. At the turn of the century the profession advanced to a doctorate level.
- There is more than one type of physical therapy. Like any other form of healthcare, there are several specialties that address different types of injuries and different parts of the anatomy.
- Physical therapy is for rehabilitation and prevention. Most of us think of physical therapy as something you do after an incident like an injury or operation. Physical therapy is also a great tool for behavior modification and preventing future injuries.
Click the following link for more details on 3 Physical Therapy Facts You Didn’t Know
7 BENEFITS TO PHYSICAL THERAPY YOU DIDN’T KNOW
- Help increase mobility. Our one-on-one, hands-on, and pain free treatments can establish better range of motion.
- Manage arthritis and osteoporosis. The risk for these two diseases increases with age, physical therapy can help.
- Recover from auto and work injuries. These injuries usually come with inflammation issues and the sooner you see a physical therapist, the sooner you can address the swelling.
- Reduce or eliminate chronic pain. Quelling the pain is one thing, physical therapy can also help prevent the pain from returning.
- Help prevent balance issues. Balance is key to returning to natural motor function and preventing new injuries. Balance issues can be addressed using physical therapy.
- Sometimes an alternative to surgery. Not every issue requires surgery, and, in some cases, physical therapy can eliminate the need for surgery.
- Recover from sports injuries. If you want to get back on the field or the court in the best shape possible, physical therapy is a comprehensive way to determine if you are ready.
Click the following link for more details about the 7 Surprising Benefits of Physical Therapy
Renew Physical Therapy utilizes soft tissue massage, joint and spinal mobilizations, and several therapeutic modalities to restore pain-free function. We make it our personal goal to ensure that every patient who walks through our door has a positive experience.
Renew Your Body, Reclaim Your Life!